By evaluating possible gaps, SDS Life Science can advise you on the adequacy of your non-clinical, clinical and quality packages and if they´re up to par with the demands from regulatory authorities. Due diligence is essentially a version of a gap analysis but from a different perspective. A due diligence process evaluates OTHER companies and projects rather than your own. Gap analyses are done by the developers of a company or project and a due diligence analysis is done by the buyers to ensure a successful acquisition.
Benefits of a gap analysis or due diligence
- Helps to find missing pieces in your drug development program.
- Helps to assess risks from a business perspective. This is especially true for due diligence.
- Helps to prioritize needs for market approval.
- Helps to assess current performance with target performance.
- Helps to ensure that you are using your resources and capital to their fullest potential.
- It provides a list of recommended actions to fill your gaps.
- Supports strategic decision-making.
- Most importantly, a gap analysis creates value for your project.